Labels

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lovecraft Country Double Feature

Another two-fer comic day, just to move things along. 





In retrospect, a lot of my troubles with the humor level of these comics is that I have a hard time with punchlines. Some of my more "successful" comedic endeavors were more entertaining and amusing because they were offbeat and strange in the long run. I don't do well writing a series of punchlines, I don't think, but rather have a comedic style that depends upon unusual characters and situations and subtle running gags. I used to think this made me more mature in my comedy, but the continued prevalence of poop jokes and crude innuendo really counters that thought.


P.S. I love how easy it is to convey emotion in a comic with a simple tweak of the eyebrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment